The KW-Commerce Group is a Berlin headquartered, international E-Commerce company with subsidiaries in Hong Kong and China. Our product range includes about 20,000 items and spans from electronics accessories to home & living products. With down-to-earth commitment and strong team spirit more than 420 employees continuously work towards long-term success of the company: building the leading global marketplace seller. Be a part of our success story as our new:
Category Manager Soft Goods (m/f/d)
KW-Commerce is looking for an experienced Category Manager (m/f/d) to join our growing Soft Goods Category Management team. Reporting to the Head of the Soft Goods Business Unit, the Category Manager will have oversight for the respective categories and will be responsible for developing, managing, and implementing strategic expansion of the assortment and category management practices that will deliver the best value outcome for the company.
This role will be based in Berlin and will interface regularly with cross-functional international teams (Merchandising, Content Creation, Graphics, Quality Management, Marketing, and Logistics) to manage the daily business needs, address challenges and identify new opportunities.
- Own P&L for your categories: set up forecasts, monitor and control your KPIs, analyze potential deviation, and execute appropriate measures from your analysis
- Achieve revenue growth and profitability goals: strategically plan, optimize and expand a market-oriented assortment through continuous product range analysis, establishing and maintaining pricing principles, and monitoring sales results
- Create ongoing new product pipeline: conduct market, customer, competition, and range analysis to ensure market-relevant and commercially successful products
- Be a close interface with key stakeholders to execute go-to-market plans including new product launches, top-level content for the listings, advertising creative, ensuring the availability of products, etc.
- Participate in the Business Unit development by proactively seeking continuous improvements of processes, tools, and systems and share best practices
You unite analytical skills and a solution-focused attitude. If you enjoy taking ownership and have the following qualifications, we should talk:
- At least 2 years of professional experience in Product Management, Category Management, Purchasing or Business Development (ideally in an E-Commerce environment)
- Prior career experience in soft furnishings, home textiles is a plus
- Successfully completed business or technical degree
- Fluency in English (C1 level), German is a plus
- Willingness to travel (long-haul, 2-3 times per year for 2 - 3 weeks)
KW-Commerce is an e-commerce profitable grown-up that has been bootstrapped since the start. Our company operates with a clear vision: we are building the leading global marketplace seller. You will work with a great deal of personal responsibility in a young, award-winning company that promotes and demands participation and commitment.
Could it get any better? It can. What else to expect:
- Remote friendly environment
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours
- Always supportive team
- Modern workplace at our HQ in central Berlin with a great public transport connection
- Regular and instant feedback as well as transparent corporate communication, allowing you to move forward quickly with your ideas
- Various options for professional and personal growth & development, along with a membership at Urban Sports Club
- Fresh fruit and free drinks
- Employee discounts for our products
- Company events on a regular basis (once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted)
You can find more information about us here: https://www.kw-commerce.de/en/teamlife-en/
As part of the KW-Commerce team, we offer you many benefits which we are more than glad to share with you here. From startup-typical table football tournaments, to the "hard facts" like flexible working hours or training events and courses, we have everything that employees could want.
Life at work
Fresh fruit, a large selection of beverages, and regular table football tournaments ensure that you stay fresh and have exciting breaks from your everyday working life at KW-Commerce. Our helpful, funny, and cordial colleagues do their best to create a pleasant working environment.
Fair compensation and a transparent bonus model
We can't do without hard facts: we guarantee fair remuneration in all company areas and let all employees participate equally in our financial company success.
In regular team events you have the opportunity to get to know your colleagues in a more social setting. This helps our team grow together and form a strong unit to help move KW-Commerce forward together. Some examples include our KW after-works, the KW meetup, or our weekly blind lunch.
As employees at KW-Commerce you of course also profit from discounts on our many products.
We promote the potential of our employees. For this reason, we offer internal courses in various areas, ensure simple knowledge transfers, and give you the opportunity to profit from external training, e.g. in training events, trade show visits, or work groups.
Flexible working hours
You will spend a good portion of the week at KW-Commerce. The specific working hours are up to you, because your productivity is more important than your attendance record.
Modern work place equipment
We provide you with the most modern software and hardware at your personal work place – the foundation for a successful and pleasant work life.