KW-Group is a Berlin headquartered, international E-Commerce company with subsidiaries in Hong Kong and China. Our product range includes about 20,000 items and spans from electronics accessories to home & living products. With down-to-earth commitment and strong team spirit more than 420 employees continuously work towards long-term success of the company: building the leading global marketplace seller. Be a part of our success story as our new:
(Senior-) Data Engineer (m/f/d)
As a (Senior-) Data Engineer (m/f/d) you help to further shape our self-service data platform and enable business stakeholders to leverage its full potential. You will leverage cutting-edge technology to turn data into valuable insights.
In detail, this includes the following tasks:
- You are responsible for our ETL pipelines, Cube models and the improvement of our Data Lake and Data Warehouse to support a modern, data-driven and self-service-oriented culture
- You help our data analysts and business users with data access and easy-to-use solutions and ensure the data quality
- You take ownership and drive data-related initiatives in the company and thereby support our departments with data driven thinking
- You drive the evolution of the data analytics platform with the development of new components and the identification of bottlenecks in our BI infrastructure
- You access new data sources, develop new data models and automate data pipelines to increase the data readiness for the whole company
If you have a strong analytical, self-driven personality and meet the following requirements, we are a perfect match:
- Successfully completed studies in Economics, Information Systems, Business Informatics, Natural Sciences or in a similar field
- At least 2 years of professional experience in the field of Business Intelligence, Data Engineering or Analytics
- At least 2 years work experience in data modeling and analysis
- Strong knowledge of SQL and MDX / DAX as well as MS Azure (e.g. Data Factory, SQL Server, Datalake Store, ...) and Power BI or similar tools for analysis and reporting
- Business fluent in written and spoken English (C1 level); German is a plus
Your Environment & Perspectives
KW-Commerce is a profitable company that has been bootstrapped from the start. Our company operates with a clear vision: we are building the leading global Marketplace seller. With us, you will work in an entrepreneurial manner with a lot of personal responsibility in our Grown-up. You have the opportunity to break new ground and try things out, away from existing conventions.
What else to expect:
- Attractive salary and staggered number of holidays (starting with 26) and additional days off on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- Short lines of communication, flat hierarchies, fast decision-making and transparent corporate communication
- A modern and secure workplace in our headquarters in the heart of Berlin (near to U-Bahnhof Hausvogteiplatz)
- A friendly and always supportive team and regular company events ensure a good atmosphere
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours for a good work-life balance (e.g. attractive remote work arrangement, no core working hours)
- Individual offers for professional and personal development
- Employee offers, such as employee discounts of 50% on our products at Amazon, allowance for language courses, lunch and membership in the Urban Sports Club
- Fresh fruit and drinks for free
Further information about our team can be found here: https://www.kw-commerce.de/en/teamlife-en/
As part of the KW-Commerce team, we offer you many benefits which we are more than glad to share with you here. From startup-typical table football tournaments, to the "hard facts" like flexible working hours or training events and courses, we have everything that employees could want.
Life at work
Fresh fruit, a large selection of beverages, and regular table football tournaments ensure that you stay fresh and have exciting breaks from your everyday working life at KW-Commerce. Our helpful, funny, and cordial colleagues do their best to create a pleasant working environment.
Fair compensation and a transparent bonus model
We can't do without hard facts: we guarantee fair remuneration in all company areas and let all employees participate equally in our financial company success.
In regular team events you have the opportunity to get to know your colleagues in a more social setting. This helps our team grow together and form a strong unit to help move KW-Commerce forward together. Some examples include our KW after-works, the KW meetup, or our weekly blind lunch.
As employees at KW-Commerce you of course also profit from discounts on our many products.
We promote the potential of our employees. For this reason, we offer internal courses in various areas, ensure simple knowledge transfers, and give you the opportunity to profit from external training, e.g. in training events, trade show visits, or work groups.
Flexible working hours
You will spend a good portion of the week at KW-Commerce. The specific working hours are up to you, because your productivity is more important than your attendance record.
Modern work place equipment
We provide you with the most modern software and hardware at your personal work place – the foundation for a successful and pleasant work life.