KW-Group is a Berlin headquartered, international E-Commerce company with subsidiaries in Hong Kong and China. Our product range includes about 20,000 items and spans from electronics accessories to home & living products. With down-to-earth commitment and strong team spirit more than 420 employees continuously work towards long-term success of the company: building the leading global marketplace seller. Be a part of our success story as our new:
Vice President People & Culture (m/f/d)
As VP People & Culture (m/f/d) you and your team will build an environment where people want to show up in, are engaged and flourish. A company where people want to be from. You will drive KW's growth by focusing on our people and the culture globally. As part of the senior management team, reporting directly to our founder & CEO Jens Wasel, you inspire people, develop a sustainable strategy to reach our People goals and exert influence to create positive change. You will support KW in identifying, attracting, retaining, and developing top talent and ensure that KW's people-related structures and processes are future-proof.
In Detail This Includes:
- Develop a global strategic vision on how to reach our People goals in collaboration with the founders and senior management team
- Design & evolve organizational structures that will allow us to grow sustainably from 350 in 2020 to 700+ employees in 2023
- Grow KW in headcount & conceptualize long term recruiting strategies incl. data-driven recruitment as well as a strong employer brand
- Lead the adoption of our company culture and behaviours across the organisation, through all processes, including hiring, development, and performance management, to enable a high-performance culture and outstanding employee experience
- Inspire and drive people's growth to meet future business requirements by creating and owning structures, processes, and strategies to identify and develop skills needed now & in the future
- Oversee all internal communication efforts with a strong focus on transparency, cross-team collaboration & alignment; you ensure the right information reaches the right people at the right time
- Are responsible for the further development of internal people policies and procedures aligning corporate and operational requirements efficiently with the respective employment laws
- Ensure appropriate handling of tools for the development, implementation and maintenance of an equitable and competitive, cost-effective global market salary, benefits, and incentive structure
- Manage the global (Germany, Hongkong, Dongguan) People & Culture team from our Headquarter in Berlin and grow it in size (18 to 25+) & skills
Our team of 18+ HR enthusiasts is looking forward to an inspiring VP People & Culture who enjoys driving the growth of people and an entire organization. We are looking for the following:
- At least 10+ years in HR in a fast-paced environment (digital industry, start-up, E-Commerce)
- Proven track record of leading global people departments and company-wide organizational transformation initiatives as a Human Resources Executive
- Walk the talk: you live up to verbal and written commitments regardless of personal costs
- Expect your own and your team’s performance nothing to be short of the best
- A Learner at heart who is eager to improve the status quo and is familiar with state-of-the-art HR nurturing a solid network
- Earn trust and maintain confidence by doing what is right and speaking plainly and truthfully
- Communicate clearly and articulately in German and English
KW-Commerce is a profitable e-commerce grown-up start-up that has been bootstrapped since the start. Our company operates with a clear vision: we are building the leading global marketplace seller. We are offering an exciting position playing a key role in our company’s growth and success. We guarantee tons of fun, daily laughter, room for action and a steep learning curve. What else to expect:
- High level of autonomy and scope to develop and realize your ideas in global, cross-functional teams
- Transparent corporate communication allowing you to push ahead quickly with your subjects
- A continuously growing company where People & Culture are put first
- A remote friendly environment as well as a modern workplace in our Headquarters in central Berlin with great public transport connections
- We care about well-being: Flexible and family-friendly working hours, fresh fruit, free drinks along with a membership at Urban Sports Club
- We want to be better than yesterday: Various options for professional and personal growth and development incl. a radically candid feedback culture
As part of the KW-Commerce team, we offer you many benefits which we are more than glad to share with you here. From startup-typical table football tournaments, to the "hard facts" like flexible working hours or training events and courses, we have everything that employees could want.
Life at work
Fresh fruit, a large selection of beverages, and regular table football tournaments ensure that you stay fresh and have exciting breaks from your everyday working life at KW-Commerce. Our helpful, funny, and cordial colleagues do their best to create a pleasant working environment.
Fair compensation and a transparent bonus model
We can't do without hard facts: we guarantee fair remuneration in all company areas and let all employees participate equally in our financial company success.
In regular team events you have the opportunity to get to know your colleagues in a more social setting. This helps our team grow together and form a strong unit to help move KW-Commerce forward together. Some examples include our KW after-works, the KW meetup, or our weekly blind lunch.
As employees at KW-Commerce you of course also profit from discounts on our many products.
We promote the potential of our employees. For this reason, we offer internal courses in various areas, ensure simple knowledge transfers, and give you the opportunity to profit from external training, e.g. in training events, trade show visits, or work groups.
Flexible working hours
You will spend a good portion of the week at KW-Commerce. The specific working hours are up to you, because your productivity is more important than your attendance record.
Modern work place equipment
We provide you with the most modern software and hardware at your personal work place – the foundation for a successful and pleasant work life.