KW-Group is a Berlin headquartered, international E-Commerce company with subsidiaries in Hong Kong and China. Our product range includes about 20,000 items and spans from electronics accessories to home & living products. With down-to-earth commitment and strong team spirit more than 420 employees continuously work towards long-term success of the company: building the leading global marketplace seller. Be a part of our success story as our new:
Team Lead Accounting EU (m/f/d)
As our Team Lead Accounting EU (m/f/d), you will lead our European accounting team and directly report to our Director Finance. In addition, we a offer you the perspective to develop into the Head of Accounting position. With your professional expertise and a lot of passion, you will take ownership of the following activities:
- You and your team are responsible for managing, supervising and driving the full range of accounting activities of the German entities of the KWC Group as well as the Group consolidation
- You are responsible for monthly and yearly closing and reporting, including the yearly audits of the German companies and the KW Group
- You lead our accounting team professionally and disciplinarily and ensure its promotion and continuous development
- You recruit future team members and create a challenging and attractive working environment
- You work together closely with the Accounting teams based in Hongkong and China for intercompany reconciliations and setting up of accounting guidelines for new businesses
- You also cooperate with the Berlin based controlling team regarding budgeting, forecasts and combined financial statements of the group
- You are accountable of projects for the accounting team EU and take part in different projects of other departments – especially IT -, where finance advice is needed
- You function as the first person of contact to local auditors, banks and consultants
Do you have a proactive hands-on mentality and preference for international work styles? Do you combine analytical skills with strong communication skills and attention to detail?
If you also meet the following requirements, we should get to know each other:
- You have a strong track record of minimum 3 years of professional experience in a team leading role in an international group, ideally in E-Commerce or similar industries
- You have successfully completed a master university degree related to accounting and taxation with at least good results, or a comparable qualification
- You own an excellent knowledge of local German GAAP (HGB) and taxation (especially VAT) and are experienced in group accounting and consolidation
- You are experienced in working with ERP and BI systems; initial experience with the LucaNet software is a plus
- Your English is business fluent, ideally you also have German skills
KW-Commerce is an e-commerce profitable grown-up that has been bootstrapped since the start. Our company operates with a clear vision: we are building the leading global marketplace seller. We are offering an exciting position with a lot of responsibility to drive the growth of the company. You can go new ways and try things out, away from existing conventions.
What else we can offer you:
- A working environment that encourages and demands participation and commitment and gives you plenty of room to realize your own ideas and visions
- Short lines of communication, flat hierarchies, quick decisions and transparent corporate communication
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours for a good work-life balance as well as the possibility for remote work
- A professional, friendly and always supportive team
- A modern, well-equipped workplace in our offices in the heart of Berlin with excellent public transport connections
- A grant for membership in the Urban Sports Club and other employee offers, such as employee discounts of 50% on our products at Amazon
- Fresh fruit, free drinks and regular corporate events
For more information about our team, please visit https://www.kw-commerce.de/en/teamlife-en/
As part of the KW-Commerce team, we offer you many benefits which we are more than glad to share with you here. From startup-typical table football tournaments, to the "hard facts" like flexible working hours or training events and courses, we have everything that employees could want.
Life at work
Fresh fruit, a large selection of beverages, and regular table football tournaments ensure that you stay fresh and have exciting breaks from your everyday working life at KW-Commerce. Our helpful, funny, and cordial colleagues do their best to create a pleasant working environment.
Fair compensation and a transparent bonus model
We can't do without hard facts: we guarantee fair remuneration in all company areas and let all employees participate equally in our financial company success.
In regular team events you have the opportunity to get to know your colleagues in a more social setting. This helps our team grow together and form a strong unit to help move KW-Commerce forward together. Some examples include our KW after-works, the KW meetup, or our weekly blind lunch.
As employees at KW-Commerce you of course also profit from discounts on our many products.
We promote the potential of our employees. For this reason, we offer internal courses in various areas, ensure simple knowledge transfers, and give you the opportunity to profit from external training, e.g. in training events, trade show visits, or work groups.
Flexible working hours
You will spend a good portion of the week at KW-Commerce. The specific working hours are up to you, because your productivity is more important than your attendance record.
Modern work place equipment
We provide you with the most modern software and hardware at your personal work place – the foundation for a successful and pleasant work life.