KW-Group is a Berlin headquartered, international E-Commerce company with subsidiaries in Hong Kong and China. Our product range includes about 20,000 items and spans from electronics accessories to home & living products. With down-to-earth commitment and strong team spirit more than 420 employees continuously work towards long-term success of the company: building the leading global marketplace seller. Be a part of our success story as our new:
(Senior-) PHP Developer (m/f/d)
As one of the most successful e-commerce marketplace sellers in the world, we are growing at double-digit rates every year! To keep up with this we are strongly expanding our IT team and need you for our further company growth.
You are not only technically fit, but also have good communication skills and write code and define functionalities from a user-oriented perspective. As our (Senior-) PHP developer with focus on backend, setting up an adaptable and future-oriented software architecture while keeping the code quality high are the most important things for you. Therefore, besides writing new applications and creating automated tests, refactoring legacy code is also part of your “magic” repertoire.
The focus of your work will be:
- Improve the development of our supply chain and demand software (custom solutions) with focus on scalable software architecture and code quality by cooperating closely in an agile cross-functional team (e.g. together with developers of other teams, BI Analysts, PO, QA)
- Writing automated unit and functional tests and setting up fully automated CI / CD pipelines
- Setup and maintenance of the software infrastructure in a cloud environment
You love dynamic and growing work environments and want to play a decisive role in making KW-Commerce a leading global marketplace seller?
- Successfully completed university degree or comparable qualification - ideally with IT or technical background
- At least 4 years of professional experience as a PHP Developer with at least one popular PHP framework (e.g. Symfony, Laravel, Zend/Laminas Framework)
- Knowledge in CI / CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery), Docker or Kubernetes and cloud experience (e.g. AWS) would be a big plus
- Very good technical and fast comprehension skills, as well as solution-oriented and structured way of working
- Very good knowledge of English; knowledge of German is an advantage
Your Environment & Perspectives
With us, you have the opportunity to go new ways and try things out, away from existing conventions. Together with interdisciplinary and international teams, you can expect a complex and varied field of work that you can play a significant role in shaping.
- Attractive staggered number of holidays and additional days off on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- Short lines of communication, flat hierarchies, fast decision-making and transparent corporate communication.
- A modern and secure workplace in our headquarters in the heart of Berlin (5 floors belong only to us!).
- A friendly and always supportive team and regular company events ensure a good atmosphere
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours for a good work-life balance (e.g. attractive home office arrangement, no core working hours)
- Individual offers for professional and personal development
- Employee offers, such as employee discounts of 50% on our products at Amazon, allowance for language courses, lunch and membership in the Urban Sports Club
- Fresh fruit and drinks for free
Further information about our team can be found here:https://www.kw-commerce.de/en/teamlife-en/
As part of the KW-Commerce team, we offer you many benefits which we are more than glad to share with you here. From startup-typical table football tournaments, to the "hard facts" like flexible working hours or training events and courses, we have everything that employees could want.
Life at work
Fresh fruit, a large selection of beverages, and regular table football tournaments ensure that you stay fresh and have exciting breaks from your everyday working life at KW-Commerce. Our helpful, funny, and cordial colleagues do their best to create a pleasant working environment.
Fair compensation and a transparent bonus model
We can't do without hard facts: we guarantee fair remuneration in all company areas and let all employees participate equally in our financial company success.
In regular team events you have the opportunity to get to know your colleagues in a more social setting. This helps our team grow together and form a strong unit to help move KW-Commerce forward together. Some examples include our KW after-works, the KW meetup, or our weekly blind lunch.
As employees at KW-Commerce you of course also profit from discounts on our many products.
We promote the potential of our employees. For this reason, we offer internal courses in various areas, ensure simple knowledge transfers, and give you the opportunity to profit from external training, e.g. in training events, trade show visits, or work groups.
Flexible working hours
You will spend a good portion of the week at KW-Commerce. The specific working hours are up to you, because your productivity is more important than your attendance record.
Modern work place equipment
We provide you with the most modern software and hardware at your personal work place – the foundation for a successful and pleasant work life.