The KW-Commerce Group is a Berlin headquartered, international E-Commerce company with subsidiaries in Hong Kong and China. Our product range includes about 20,000 items and spans from electronics accessories to home & living products. With down-to-earth commitment and strong team spirit more than 420 employees continuously work towards long-term success of the company: building the leading global marketplace seller. Be a part of our success story as our new:
Head of Data (m/f/d)
As our new "Head of Data (m/f/d)", you will take over the professional and disciplinary management of our BI department and be responsible for the strategy of the data-driven further development (technological and organisational) of our company.
The focus of your work will be on:
- Development of strategic concepts for the expansion and optimisation of the technical BI infrastructure / data platform as well as strategic project work with the C-level
- Development of new business-related data solutions and their technical requirements in the context of data engineering, data analytics and data science
- Procurement of new data sources, access options and their processing and evaluation.
- Expanding and cleaning up the tools used and monitoring data quality and costs
- Driving data-oriented thinking and initiating and implementing appropriate solutions in the company
- Partner management with Microsoft and other providers of data/BI solutions
- Further development and expansion of the data team
Do you have relevant leadership experience, love dynamic as well as growing work environments, and want to play a crucial role in making KW-Commerce a leading global marketplace seller?
- Successfully completed degree in (business) informatics, economics, natural sciences, comparable training, or corresponding professional experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the field of data warehouse/business intelligence and first management experience, ideally in an e-commerce, retail or start-up environment
- Sound knowledge of DWH architectures and cloud technologies (ideally: MS Azure, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Server, Azure Datalake Store, Azure Blob Storage, Power BI and knowledge of Data Pipelines, Data Analytics Management and preferably Data Science)
- Very good analytical, fast comprehension skills as well as solution-oriented and structured way of working
- Ability to visualise complex issues in a clear and comprehensible way and to communicate in a way that is also understandable for non-specialists and C-levels
- Business fluent English and ideally good to very good German
Your Environment & Perspectives
With us, you have the opportunity to go new ways and try things out, away from existing conventions. Together with interdisciplinary and international teams, you can expect a complex and varied field of work that you can play a significant role in shaping.
- Attractive staggered holidays and additional days off on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
- Short lines of communication, flat hierarchies, short decision-making processes, and transparent corporate communication.
- A modern and secure workplace in our head office in the heart of Berlin (5 floors belong only to us!).
- A friendly and always helpful team with regular company events ensures a good working atmosphere.
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours for a good work-life balance (e.g., attractive home office arrangement, no core working hours)
- Individual offers for professional and personal development
- Employee offers, such as employee discount of 50% on our products at Amazon, subsidy for language courses, lunches, and membership of the Urban Sports Club
- Fresh fruit and drinks for free
You can find more information about us here: https://www.kw-commerce.de/de/teamlife/
As part of the KW-Commerce team, we offer you many benefits which we are more than glad to share with you here. From startup-typical table football tournaments, to the "hard facts" like flexible working hours or training events and courses, we have everything that employees could want.
Life at work
Fresh fruit, a large selection of beverages, and regular table football tournaments ensure that you stay fresh and have exciting breaks from your everyday working life at KW-Commerce. Our helpful, funny, and cordial colleagues do their best to create a pleasant working environment.
Fair compensation and a transparent bonus model
We can't do without hard facts: we guarantee fair remuneration in all company areas and let all employees participate equally in our financial company success.
In regular team events you have the opportunity to get to know your colleagues in a more social setting. This helps our team grow together and form a strong unit to help move KW-Commerce forward together. Some examples include our KW after-works, the KW meetup, or our weekly blind lunch.
As employees at KW-Commerce you of course also profit from discounts on our many products.
We promote the potential of our employees. For this reason, we offer internal courses in various areas, ensure simple knowledge transfers, and give you the opportunity to profit from external training, e.g. in training events, trade show visits, or work groups.
Flexible working hours
You will spend a good portion of the week at KW-Commerce. The specific working hours are up to you, because your productivity is more important than your attendance record.
Modern work place equipment
We provide you with the most modern software and hardware at your personal work place – the foundation for a successful and pleasant work life.