KW-Commerce is a Berlin headquartered international E-Commerce company with subsidiaries in Hong Kong and China. Our product range includes about 20,000 items of consumer electronics accessories and home & living products which we sell through online marketplaces like Amazon and eBay to more approx. 7 millions customers every year - fast and worldwide. With down-to-earth commitment, a strong team spirit and a good sense of humor 280 employees continue to develop our company - always keeping an eye on long-term company success. Be a part of our success story as our new:
Senior Accountant (m/f/d)
As a Senior Accountant (m/f/d), you will be responsible for the accounting of one or more companies in our internationally active group of companies. You will report directly to our Team Lead Accounting. With your professional expertise, you will reliably and carefully implement the following tasks in detail:
- You will manage the ongoing accounting for the companies in your own area of responsibility.
- You will independently prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with the German Commercial Code (HGB), including intercompany reconciliations.
- You will also act as an interface to auditors, tax advisors and tax offices, as their first point of contact for direct reconciliations and ensure the preparation of the relevant documents for audits and tax returns.
- You will be responsible for the proper declaration and handling of tax matters for advance sales tax returns, VAT, etc.
- In addition, you will act as a technical contact for your junior colleagues in the team and for your colleagues from other departments.
- You will be responsible for the management and control of projects in the finance area and will be the interface to internal and external stakeholders.
- You will be actively involved in the further optimisation of our finance-related processes, the interfaces, and the development of standards.
Do you have a strong sense of responsibility and a hands-on personality? If you also meet the following requirements, we should get to know each other:
- At least 5 years of professional experience in accounting in a comparable position, ideally in a digital, fast-growing company with an international corporate structure.
- A successfully completed commercial apprenticeship and a degree as an accountant (m/f/d) or a business degree with a focus on accounting or controlling.
- Sound knowledge of accounting in accordance with the German Commercial Code (HGB).
- Professional handling of MS Office, especially Excel.
- Business fluent in written and spoken English.
- Ideally knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
KW-Commerce is an owner-managed and profitable company with a clear vision. We offer you an exciting and responsible position in our grown-up. An exciting mix of analytical, strategic, and operational tasks await you. You will work with a lot of personal responsibility in a young, award-winning company that encourages and demands participation and commitment. There is a lot more in store for you:
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours for a good work-life balance
- Possibility of remote work after consultation with the team
- Short lines of communication, flat hierarchies, quick decisions, and transparent corporate communication
- A working environment that gives you plenty of room to realise your own ideas and visions
- Individual offers for professional and personal development
- A modern, well-equipped workplace in our offices in the heart of Berlin
- Excellent public transport connections
- A friendly and supportive team
- Regular company events
- An allowance for membership in the Urban Sports Club
- Employee offers, such as employee discounts of 50% on our products at Amazon
- Fresh fruit and free drinks
For more information about our team, click here: https://www.kw-commerce.de/de/teamlife/
As part of the KW-Commerce team, we offer you many benefits which we are only too glad to share with you here. From startup-typical table football tournaments to the "hard facts" like flexible working hours or training events and courses, we have everything that employees could want.
Life at work
Fresh fruit, a large selection of beverages, and regular table football tournaments ensure that you stay fresh and have exciting breaks from your everyday working life at KW-Commerce. Our helpful, funny, and cordial colleagues do their best to create a pleasant working environment.
Fair compensation and a transparent bonus model
We can't do without hard facts: we guarantee fair remuneration in all company areas and let all employees participate equally in our financial company success.
In regular team events you have the opportunity to get to know your colleagues in a more social setting. This helps our team grow together and form a strong unit to help move KW-Commerce forward together. Some examples include our KW after-works, the KW meetup, or our weekly blind lunch.
As employees at KW-Commerce you of course also profit from discounts on our many products.
We promote the potential of our employees. For this reason, we offer internal courses in various areas, ensure simple knowledge transfers, and give you the opportunity to profit from external training, e.g. in training events, trade show visits, or work groups.
Flexible working hours
You will spend a good portion of the week at KW-Commerce. The specific working hours are up to you, because your productivity is more important than your attendance record.
Modern work place equipment
We provide you with the most modern software and hardware at your personal work place – the foundation for a successful and pleasant work life.